Every year, around this time, we get a lot of calls from people seeking pet care over Christmas. Sometimes, a friend or family member has been lined up to stay with the pets and the plans fall through. This sounds like a great idea. The person is someone you trust and the price is right…cheap or free. Sometimes, this option is great and works with no problems.
As a professional pet sitting business owner, I have been the safety net when friends or family cannot fulfill their commitment. Yes, we may be viewed as expensive when compared to friends and family. I will list reasons why professional pet sitting is worth the money:
- Back-up pet sitting: Let’s face it, people are human! They get sick, have family drama, or other life issues that take them away from work commitments. When that happens with one of our sitters, we have other sitters to jump in and do the job. You can go on with your vacation and have the peace of mind that your pets are being cared for by one of our great sitters. If your friend or family member has to leave the job, is there a back-up person available to fill in?
- Save Money: What happens if you buy plane tickets, reserve car and hotel, and your friend or family member bails on you? Spend the money on a professional pet sitter and this is something you don’t have to worry about!
- Friends/Family bring their own pet along. What happens if a fight ensues, or pet soils carpet or furniture? This could cause hard feelings for years or broken friendships. This happened to my dental hygienist. Their friend was watching their dog and the friend’s dog attacked their dog. Friend did not have money to pay the $2,000 vet bill, so they had to pay it. That would not happen if one of our pet sitters was on the job. They do not bring pets and their focus is on your pets.
- We are fully insured ($1,000,000 – yes, that is $1 Million!) Everyone that works for us have all been background checked and provide quality pet care.
- We text you after each visit, sending videos, photos and updates. Will your friend or family member do that? Even if they can provide you with updates about your pets are they professionally skilled to handle anything that may happen while your pet and home is in their care? We are skilled and trained for pet emergencies! The safety of your pet and security of your home is very important to us!
Convinced? Call today at 206-348-0253 to set up an appointment to meet a pet sitter or dog walker perfectly matched for your situation! If you feel more comfortable you may fill out the contact form and we will contact you.